<<Note: This content is provided as an example. The content should be updated with your institution's LMS materials.>>
For this assignment, you will create a draft of your Showcase module using the template tool, called Templater, in <Replace - Your LMS>. Since this is just a first draft, don't worry if you do not have all of the components of your module. You will be able to edit and add content to your module over the next few weeks.
Resources Needed to Complete This Assignment:
- Module Outline
- Before creating the draft of your Showcase module in your development section, it is suggested to revisit and update your Module Outline if you changed some of the activities based on this week’s content information related to social media or last week’s introduction to <Replace - Course Title> services. You may also be thinking of new approach to "chunk" your content materials.
- Refer to the <Replace - Course Title>Module Rubric to guide you as you create a draft of your module. This rubric provides details that will help you expand the module outline to a module draft with all of the elements needed for students to complete the module. You will revisit this rubric at your next consultation.
- Existing Materials
- Now is a good time to take inventory and gather your existing materials to determine if anything additional will need to be added to your course. Taking inventory of existing materials will help you determine what still needs to be created or edited. For instance, in your Module Outline you may have brainstormed an activity that involved a Discussion, but you did not actually create the Discussion assignment. This week provides you with the opportunity to create the Discussion assignment in your development section.
- Log in to your development section and upload any files now. You can also create folders to help organize these files, which will help better manage the course in the long run. For technical directions, please revisit the Files section in Options for Creating and Delivering Content.
Step 2: Create and/or Edit Pages
This step is completed while in your development course. Once this step is completed in that course, you will return to this assignment page to complete Step 2 (below).
- Create Your Module Draft by Using the Template Tool/Templater directly in <Replace - Your LMS>
- When you are ready to begin building content for your module, open and edit the Module Template Page that is provided in your course.
- Select Pages from the course menu on the left.
- Select the View All Pages pages button. Create a new page by selecting the +Page button.
Note: If you prefer to work in Microsoft Word first rather than directly within <Replace - Your LMS>, you will have to copy and paste your content.
Step 3: Submit Assignment
Follow the steps below to submit your module. This gives your instructional designer the opportunity to review your progress and provide timely feedback.
- Copy the URL of the first page of your module.
- Click the Submit Assignment button on the right sidebar.
- Paste the URL into the box provided below. Please use the comment box to ask your instructional designer any questions about this assignment.
- Click the Submit Assignment button found below the comment box to submit assignment.
It will be graded as "complete" or "incomplete" by your instructional designer. The final version of your module will be graded at the Showcase.
TOPKit Sample Course was prepared by the University of Central Florida (UCF). This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.