For this assignment, you are going to create your Course Expectations Page for your Development Course. The purpose of this page is to provide students with expectations specific to your course, including your online communication protocols, specific guidelines such as group work, and how often they can expect to hear from you. In addition to informing students what you expect of them in your online course, this page may also help address frequently asked questions and provides students with technical support resources. To support your identification of specific needs of your course, feel free to complete(optional activity) the Online Persona Worksheet on your own.
As with the Syllabus assignment, this is only a draft.
Resources Needed for this Assignment
- Directions for the Assignment
- Your Development Course & Course open (2 separate tabs or windows).
Step 1: Create Your Course Expectations
This step is completed while in your development course. Once this step is completed in that course, you will return to this assignment page to complete Step 2 (below).
Step 2: Submit the Assignment
Once you have completed the assignment, follow the steps below to submit your course expectations to your instructional designer. (This step is completed within the course).
- Click the Submit Assignment button on the right sidebar of this Assignment page to open the submission area.
- Click the Website URL tab and paste the URL you just copied from your development course into the Website URL box that appears. Please use the comment box to ask your instructional designer any questions about this assignment.
- Click the Submit Assignment button found below the comment box to submit assignment.
Once submitted, you have completed this assignment. Your instructional designer will review your submission and offer you feedback.
TOPKit Sample Course was prepared by the University of Central Florida (UCF). This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.